Sunday, January 30, 2011

Keep on Working!

This is work, but it's also a joy.
But then, most work is, in one way or another.
Bear with me.
I'm jobless at the moment. But I still have plenty of work to do.
I'm far from alone in these things these days.
Yet most advice I get, from professionals or acquaintances, despite being very well intentioned, drives me up the wall. there's things about this situation that you don't fully get unless that's where you are.
So rather than fume about it, I've decided to try to come to terms with the situation and my response to it.
This blog is an ongoing record of my attempt to understand and thrive in a world that's always eluded me (by choice, design, or a combination of the two) - the world of business and money. I'm no stranger to various kinds of work, but parts of that world... hmm...
Two or three times a week, circumstances permitting, I will post thoughts and updates. I'd like to see something pragmatic on these issues. Most books or professionals in the field address the situation of unemployment and underemployment in a way that seems to miss something. So I'd like to offer more of an insider's view.
Sometimes it will be philosophical, sometimes sad, sometimes exuberant. These are tough times, and hard to understand. I'll post strategies and results, and invite my readers to do the same.
I'll try to make it worth reading, and fun to read. It will be honest writing, but nobody likes a sad chick, so I'll keep it balanced.
I'll leave this opening salvo with a song I've always loved. It's on point, but I'm really nowhere near as morose as the song suggests!

No comments:

Post a Comment